Tues Apr 23rd - 25th, 2019; Virginia Beach, VA
- The much-anticipated event brings together more than 100 urban farmers, gardeners, foodies, ag-tivists, policy makers and government leaders for three days of networking and learning about one of agriculture’s fastest growing sectors.
Tues Apr 23rd; Richmond, VA
- The Virginia Farmers Market Association is offering a training day for farmers market vendors in the Capital Region.
Sat Apr 27th : Goochland, VA
- It is held on the college’s Goochland campus and offers classes and workshops on topics of interest to the home gardener, knowledgeable and friendly volunteers, and a wide variety of plants and garden related items for sale.
Sat May 11th; Floyd, VA
- Hands-on guidance in beekeeping tasks through the spring and summer months, from swarm catching and growing the apiary to heath checks, expansion, wax management, and more. This is the third class in our four-part series on basic beekeeping and is intended as a continuation of Principles & Practices of Biodynamic Beekeeping.
Dates: Floyd, VA
Session 1: June 6 - 8th 2019
Session 2: Aug 22nd - 24th 2019
Session 3: June 4th - 6th 2020
Session 4/Graduation: Aug 6th - 8th 2020
- For those who are prepared for the most in-depth and comprehensive training in biodynamic beekeeping in the USA. Participants must have bees!
Aug 19th - 21st; Hotel Roanoke & VT's Catawba Sustainability Center
- Join Virginia Tech’s Office of Outreach and International Affairs, the Virginia Association of Biological Farming, and several regional agroforestry and sustainable agriculture instructors for this very affordable multiday field intensive. The event includes a mixture of indoor and field presentations and exercises, but the majority of time will be outdoors at the Catawba Sustainability Center (VT’s 377-acre diversified agroforestry farm).
- Instructors will cover the broad spectrum of agroforestry and dive deep into strategies for maximizing on-farm production and provision of ecosystem services using a variety of techniques. Also, learn about other farming practices underway at Catawba.
Wed Nov 13th - 15th; Staunton, VA
- This annual conference provides an opportunity for dynamic discussions, training, information exchange and peer networking between Virginia’s market managers, farmers, vendors and other food system stakeholders.