Current employment opportunities for Seven Springs Farm
Full-time position available starting March/April 2020
Seven Springs Farm is a non-certified organic farm in Floyd County, VA. Floyd is south of Roanoke and east of Blacksburg.
Successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and developing all aspects of the 100+ acre farm property in coordination with the farm owners. See PDF below for more details.
- Landscape maintenance and development: pruning, mowing, weeding, mulching, planting, landscape design and installation and hardscape development.
- Field crop, greenhouse and orchard production: planting, fertilizing, cultivating, spraying, pruning, harvest, storage and sales.
- Maintenance and repairs: buildings, roads, equipment, and greenhouses.
- Other farm tasks as needed such as firewood processing, hay harvest, etc.
- Occasional warehouse work
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- Must be able to operate machinery & have some experience with mowers, tractors, chain saw, etc.
- Strong knowledge base in horticulture or agriculture
- Must have experience with crop production
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to perform the physical work described in heat, cold, and varied weather conditions
Starting hourly wage will be based on experience. Benefits package included. Hours and schedule negotiable.
Send Resume to: Ron Juftes
Seven Springs Farm, 426 Jerry Lane, Check, VA 24072
email Ron here
Seven Springs farm is a smoke free workplace
PDF of detailed Job description
Here is a link to our job application