Herbruck's Fertilizer Pelletized (4-3-2+7%Ca) - 50 lb Bag
- Organic Status - Approved for use in Organic Production
Herbruck’s 4-3-2 + 7% Ca is an organic, nutrient-rich, pelleted, heat-treated poultry manure. This general purpose fertilizer stimulates soil biology,...See more
Herbruck’s 4-3-2 + 7% Ca is an organic, nutrient-rich, pelleted, heat-treated poultry manure. This general purpose fertilizer stimulates soil biology, provides organic matter and improves soil tilth and crop yields.Herbruck’s benefits:
- Stimulates soil health and improves crop production
- Provides food for beneficial microbes to assure the proper decomposition of crop residue
- Provides organic matter, which is the governor of moisture for the soil. Organic matter holds five times its weight in water. The higher the carbon content in the soil, the less plants are stressed from heat and drought during times of temperature extremes.
- Increasing organic matter will improve soil tilth, making it more productive and easier to work.
- Raising the organic matter content will increase the holding capacity for water and nutrients on sandy soils, and reduce the loss of nutrients through leaching and run-off that causes pollution of streams, lakes, and ground water.
- Higher organic matter will loosen clay soils allowing better root penetration and improved air and water movement, which means better nutrient availability for crops.
- Independent research farms and farmers in several states show increased profits where pelleted poultry fertilizer is used.
Herbruck’s features: Easy to handle pellets, spreadable using lime spreading equipment, low odor, suitable for organic farming; a superior alternate to chemical fertilizers. An excellent source of slow-release nitrogen. Contains 80 lbs. of nitrogen per ton (95% organic nitrogen, 5% ammonium nitrogen); approximately two-thirds of organic nitrogen content is mineralized in the first year. Pellets are regularly sampled and tested to show no growth of E. coli, Salmonella, or Listeria. Approved for use in organic production as a processed manure which can be applied on fruits and vegetable crops with no pre-harvest application interval required.
VEGETABLES: mix into the soil 6 - 8 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. or 60 - 80 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. or 1 ton per acre. Apply topically 30 to 50 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.; more lightly for short season vegetables or multiple applications.
TREES: 5 - 10 cups of fertilizer for each inch of trunk diameter.
SHRUBS: 5 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. or 50 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. Scratch into the soil surface.
FLOWERS: 3 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. or 30 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. Apply once or twice per season.