Serenade - 1 Quart *Replaced with Cease
Discontinued by the Manufacturer
- Organic Status:
- OMRI Listed
*Serenade Quarts have been discontinued by the manufacturer. Please consider CEASE as an alternative.
Applied as a preventative fungicide, this microbial biofungicide, Bacillus subtilis (QST713 strain) is labeled for control of plant pathogens such as lettuce downy mildew, botrytis brown rot, grape powdery mildew and much more. Can be applied up to and including the day of harvest. Shows excellent efficiency against fungicide-resistance. Non-toxic to beneficial insects. Works on a wide range of diseases on a variety of crops.
Also available in a 2.5 Gallon Bottle
Serenade® ASO fungicide is a powerful tool designed to protect against the effects of soil and foliar bacterial and fungal diseases. Applied at planting or through chemigation, Serenade quickly builds a disease-protection zone around the seed or transplant. As the plant’s roots grow, the beneficial bacteria in Serenade ASO formulated and provided at optimized levels grow with them, expanding the disease protection zone and attaching themselves, like armor, to the roots of the plant. Applied as a foliar spray, Serenade ASO protects crops against diseases such as Botrytis, Powdery mildew, Sclerotinia, Xanthomonas and Erwinia.
- Directly attacks diseases in the soil including Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Fusarium and some strains of Phytophthora;
- Activates plant’s natural defenses by priming systemic responses in the plant;
- Promotes growth and stress resistance;
- Can be tank-mixed with other in-furrow products like fungicides or fertilizers;
- Apply using existing spray or chemigation equipment;
- Unique mode of action (FRAC code 44) for the best defense against the development of fungicide resistance;
- Exempt from the requirements of a residue tolerance
Performance: The active ingredient in Serenade ASO fungicide, Bacillus subtilis strain QST 713, is a beneficial soil bacterium. A master of root colonization, B. subtilis strain QST 713 can quickly build a dense biofilm on plant roots. The biofilm acts as a protective barrier for the roots, shielding them from diseases in the soil, even at the roots’ tips. Safely and comfortably growing in the root zone, the beneficial bacteria in Serenade ASO produce metabolites that:
- kill soil diseases,
- activate plant’s natural defenses,
- promote plant growth,
- increase the efficiency of photosynthesis.
Other companies offer this at $225 to $250 but your price is $96.00 for 10 qts. Considering that my previous order of 2 bottles cost me $50, your $96 comes within range. I can imagine buying one of those and hoping it might be viable for a second season. Not sure that's a good idea but is interesting. On the other hand, if you were able to offer the wettable powder for much less, that would be very acceptable as it can remain
viable for 5 years if removed from the bag and stored in jars.
Great price on this product and it worked great on my fruit and vegetable crops. Thanks for the fast service.