Livestock Fall/Winter Guide
Fall and winter months tend to find most farmers ready for some much needed rest, but before that can happen winterizing your farm takes precedence. For farms that have an assortment of livestock, it becomes essential to stock up and set up the farm for the colder months, keeping your animals happy, warm and healthy through the winter.
In the beginning of this month we here at Seven Springs began a collaboration with New Country Organics. Both our companies want to make sure that we've got you covered when it comes to taking care of your livestock! The folks over at New Country Organics have put together a great guide of some essentials for your animals that will surely help them thrive this winter!
- Flock Perfect Chicken Dance Grubs - Support your flock during molt with this high protein, high fat treat supplement! Feathers are nearly 90% protein, so the body’s reserves will be prioritized for feather production over egg production. One way to support your birds during molt and replenish their protein reserves is to increase the protein and fat in their feed.
- Grower/Broiler Feeds - Switching your flock over to a New Country Organics Grower/Broiler feed can also support them during molt, as this feed is 2% higher protein than our layer feeds. Many flock owners like to ferment our Grower/Broiler feeds, as lacto-fermentation increases nutrient absorption and aids overall digestion and gut health—giving a molting flock a little extra nutritional boost!
- Scratch Feed - The heat of digestion can help keep your flock warm during colder weather. Provide your flock with extra calories by offering them the treat of scratch grains.
- Flock Perfect Healthy Herbs - Herbs typically contain high amounts of the essential vitamins A, C, and K and are rich in polyphenols. They also have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, as well as strong anti-microbial properties. These certified organic aromatic organic herbs will make your chicken’s coops, pens, nesting boxes, and social areas healthier, clean and fresh smelling.
Livestock & Poultry
- Chaffhaye - When grazing is limited, provide pasture in a bag with this chopped and fermented alfalfa. Superior Soft and leafy like pasture, Chaffhaye provides a pleasant aroma and is coarsely chopped to release enzymes and maintain good gut motility. A kiss of molasses ensures that every last bit is licked clean. Non-GMO.
- Alfahay - Alfahay is cut and packed with its natural moisture. This locks in all the fresh nutrition of the plant. Alfahay then undergoes a fermentation process using apple cider vinegar after being bagged to produce beneficial yeasts and bacteria. That's why we call it "Probiotic Alfalfa In A Bag." Non-GMO.
- Bedding Buddy - With animals likely spending more time inside during cold and inclement weather, it is critical to stay on top of odors and ammonia in their living ares. Made from carefully selected, OMRI Listed ingredients, Bedding Buddy absorbs moisture and neutralizes harmful odors. It's the loving companion for your favorite chicken or livestock bedding materials. Just scoop, shake, and put odors to bed!
- Free Choice Minerals (CGH Mineral, Goat Mineral, Sheep Mineral, Cattle Mineral) - Mineral deficiencies can lead to production losses in both meat and dairy animals, as well as decreased condition in show and pleasure animals. Deficiencies in minerals as simple as calcium and phosphorus can lead to rickets, lactation problems, and poor development in offspring as well as bone weakness in mature animals. Support your herd through seasonal environmental deficiencies with free choice minerals!
- Non-GMO Beet Pulp Pellets - Provide your herds with a premium source of fiber. These beet pulp pellets are naturally very low in sugar and non-structural carbohydrates-making them a wonderful supplement for many species with a wide variety of dietary restrictions.
Check out these awesome offerings from New Country Organics! As you are stocking up for the season don't forget that you can pick-up your livestock needs in combination with your Seven Springs order here on the farm!
We have a monthly delivery coming from New Country Organics every 3rd Tuesday of the month.
Give us a call and we will get your order in! (800)-540-9181